Forum Thread: Chocolate Bread

In this article I will show you how to make chocolate bread. This recipe for homemade chocolate bread is easy to make. It winds up being like a cross between banana bread, chocolate cake, and a brownie, haha. It is good, if you have never tried chocolate bread before you should give this recipe a try. Also you can add nuts and chocolate chips to it as well. If I can do it, you can do it. Let's get baking! :)

Don't forget to follow me and check out my other articles! :)

If you have any questions or comments leave them down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Follow the easy steps below or watch the short video tutorial or do both. :)

Step 1: Ingredients/Tools

Ingredients:

1 cup white granulated sugar (200g)
1/2 cup butter, room temp/softened (115g)
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk (240g)
1 3/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour (210)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (50g)
1/2 tsp baking power
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional) (40g)
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional) (60g)
Tools:

hand mixer
sifter
bowls
spatula
5x9 inch bread pan
wire rack for cooling
shortening or cooking spray

Step 2: Cream Butter and Sugar

First preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Now let's cream our butter and our sugar together. Add your softened room temp butter to a large bowl and then add your sugar. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and cream the two ingredients together. It usually only takes 15 to 20 seconds.

Step 3: Eggsellent

Now let's add in our two large eggs. Mix them until well combined. After that scrape the sides of the bowl with the spatula.

Step 4: Buttermilk Time

Now let's add in our buttermilk. From now on we will only be using a spatula or wooden spoon. We don't want to over mix the batter, so put that mixer away. Use a spatula and fold and stir in the buttermilk.

Step 5: Sift Those Dry Ingredients

Next we add all of our dry ingredients into a sifter and sift them into our bowl. Then fold and stir the ingredients together until you are left with a nice thick quick bread batter.

Step 6: Bake Bake Bake

Now add the batter into a 5x9 bread pan. Grease the bottom of the pan with shortening or cooking spray first. After adding the chocolate bread batter, you can smooth and level the top if you wish. Now bake it in the oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Check it after 50 minutes with a toothpick, and then keep baking for 5 minutes, then check, etc. until when you check the very center, the toothpick comes out clean.

Step 7: Cool and Serve

Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes then remove it and put on a wire rack to cool completely. Then serve yourself up a slice! Treat your self! Be careful you may wind up eating the whole loaf in one sitting…hehe :) Enjoy!

*I like to put some butter on my slices or strawberry preserves.

Step 8: Video Tutorial

Now watch those steps in action by check out the video tutorial. :)
youtube.com/watch?v=l2FwbL1KWBI

Thanks for stopping by!

Matt

Be the First to Respond

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active