Forum Thread: How to Make the Perfect Scrambled Eggs & Other Hacks

I've grown up hating eggs. Whether they're boiled, in salad or scrambled but over the last few years, particularly when I moved out of home and had to get quicker meals, I'd resort to eggs. And scrambled is all I would love but they needed to be perfect. I tried these hacks and eggs became my go-to every morning. You can read my account of Embracing The Ubiquitous Eggs on SolidGoldEats.

The major key to cooking the fluffiest scrambled eggs is that they should be beaten properly before hitting the pan. Although it's not the easiest task in the world, whisking them really works wonders at making the eggs fluffier. Well, who doesn't like a fluffy batch anyway?

Another equally important hack is to turn off the stove before they're even cooked properly. Yeah, it might sound a little crazy but believe me, it's what I've tested. Once your scrambled eggs are browned up at the bottom, they're done for good and all you get is the chewy stuff. *RIP Scrambled Eggs* So, you should definitely try this amazing trick.

Now if you're wondering how exactly these eggs get cooked, then you have one less thing to worry about. You just have to put them on a plate while they're soft and let them firm up by themselves.

When you're adding vegetables to your eggs, especially the ones that are soggy like onion and tomatoes, make sure you sauté them in a different pan and then add them. These vegetables make your near perfect scrambled eggs watery (which is clearly a NIGHTMARE).

If you've learned to make an omelet before and by learn, I mean going through the process where your dad or probably your gramps made you whisk those eggs (and it felt like ages), then you remember that you left the curd thicker and fluffier. There are a lot of similarities when you're working with scrambled eggs.

The best thing you can do is use a non-stick fry pan which would really give you a rest from all the scraping and you'll get the best scrambled eggs ever. *High Five*

Scrambled Eggs Recipe

Ingredients

• Eggs- 4
  • Whole Milk- ¼ Cup
  • Whole Butter- 2 Tablespoons
  • Salt
  • Ground White Pepper

Directions

1. After cracking the eggs into a bowl, whisk them until they turn pale yellow.
  2. I hope you have a sauté non-stick pan ready. Just heat it on medium-low and add butter.
  3. While your butter melts, into the bowl, add the milk and season your curd with salt and pepper according to your taste.
  4. Now take an electric beater or your whisk and beat the eggs until you're sweating (not really, hehe) but you would want to whisk as much air as possible into the eggs so that you get that ideal fluffiness after cooking them.
  5. When your butter is heated, pour in the mixture and don't stir. You just have to let the bottom set for at least a minute there.
  6. Take your spatula and push one edge of your egg into the center and let the extra liquid fall off. Keep repeating this with every edge until there's no water left.
  7. You are done with the heat now, so turn it off and keep stirring your egg but be sure to let the curds be large.
  8. If you're going to add any vegetables, then do it now and don't forget to use your uber-cool hack.
  9. Like we discussed earlier, empty your pan into the plate while the eggs are still softer and let them stiffen for a few more minutes.

There you have it! My scrambled eggs recipe which you can eat with almost anything. I usually take bread and it's great as always!

Be the First to Respond

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active