If you've ever stumbled through Pinterest's boards, you'd know that Pinners have quite a penchant for aesthetically beautiful desserts. You can find a whole spectrum of "huh?" recipes, from pumpkin zebra cheesecake to sorbet terrine with plum compote.
As an amateur cook, I'm always browsing Pinterest for interesting looking foods that I can impress my family and friends with. One recipe that I've ran across multiple times is rainbow pancakes.
Not only do these look delicious, but they taste equally as great with every fluffy bite. If you want to try your hands at making these rainbow pancakes, here's a recipe from The One Pot Chef, which makes about 10 large pancakes.
To start, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- ¼ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1¾ cups of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of caster sugar
- Food dyes
- Spray oil or melted butter (for greasing pan)
- Butter and/or maple syrup (to serve)
Preparation Time: About 5 minutes
Cooking Time: About 20 minutes
For the actual pancake-making process, check out The One Pot Chef's video below, which will walk you through it.
If you want to make your rainbow pancakes look even more incredible, try adding several fruit slices to your recipe.
If pancakes aren't your thing, maybe you can try your hand at making these rainbow waffles from Quick Dish!
Similar to the pancakes, you'll need several food dyes to start. Here's the complete ingredient lists:
- Bisquick waffles (or make your own batter)
- Food coloring
- Whipped cream
- Lucky Charms cereal
The process is pretty simple, as you'll need to mix the waffle batter with the food coloring and then place each color of batter into a piping bag or something similar. Make sure to be quick with the different colors when dropping it onto the waffle maker; if you don't do it well, the colors will mesh together.
If you want to spruce up the rainbow waffles, use the blue batter to make small cloud bites.
You can top it off with batches of whipped cream and use the Lucky Charms as a side plate.
With color dye, the possibilities are limitless. As long as the canvas is blank, feel free to experiment with any food, even if it's not a dessert.
Rainbows make everything taste better, don't you think?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades