It is a universal truth that Nutella is the nectar of the gods. It takes the already delicious (e.g., sandwiches, cupcakes, or even bacon), and turns it into something magical. Everyone also knows homemade is always better. So if you're looking to step up your baking game, follow these instructions from Cookies, Cupcakes, and Cardio and make your very own Nutella!
- 7 ounces of semi-sweet bakers chocolate (chocolate chips are fine)
- 4½ tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup of icing sugar (aka powdered sugar)
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 5 ounces of roasted hazelnuts (if you have to roast and skin them yourself, this great guide will walk you through the process)
- Process the hazelnuts until it is a paste-like hazelnut butter. Warning: this takes time and you have to scrape down the sides of the food processor quite a lot until you get that smooth, buttery consistency.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in 60 second intervals at 50% power (important to keep it from burning) until it is fully melted and smooth.
- Add the milk and cream to the chocolate and mix well.
- Mix the sugar into the bowl and then add the hazelnut butter.
This recipe ends up producing about three cups of Nutella. Use in a recipe or eat it out of the bowl (we won't tell).
Store-bought Nutella is made mostly with palm oil, so while it can stay outside, the homemade version should be refrigerated because it contains fresh dairy. Store the leftovers in an airtight container. It should last as long as the whipping cream you used to make it, so be sure to check the carton's expiration date.
With this recipe, you'll be able spread the joy of homemade Nutella to your friends and family, or you can always keep that joy for yourself. No one would blame you!
Want a sweeter version of homemade Nutella? Check out BuzzFeed's video below for one that includes salt, vegetable oil, more sugar, and vanilla extract, and replaces the bakers chocolate with cocoa powder. They also use a blender instead of a food processor and get a creamier outcome.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades