It's always tempting to grab yesterday's shirt and toss it on in a fit of laziness, but before you do and venture outside, it's probably wise to freshen it up a bit first. The most obvious way to do that is with some Febreze, but if you don't have any around, your liquor cabinet will do the trick.
Vodka is great at removing odors from clothing and for extending the life of your favorite garments. Best of all, you don't even need the good stuff—the cheapest bottom-shelf vodka works just fine. Expensive brands aren't any better at eliminating odors, so save that for sipping instead.
Pour the vodka into an empty spray bottle for easy application. Make sure to use vodka only, as water will dilute the alcohol's odor-removing power.
Hang up the items you plan to refreshen, and spray away. Try not to wet the fabric, though; aim for a light misting instead. As you spritz the fabrics with vodka, the alcohol gathers up the odorants clinging to your clothing. When the alcohol evaporates into the air, it takes the smell with it.
That's it! Your clothes will be stink-free, thanks to vodka's high alcohol content. By eliminating odors, you can cut down on washes and lengthen the life of your clothes, especially if we're talking about denim jeans.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades