One of the biggest time-consuming nuisances for any barbecue is prepping corn on the cob. If you've got a lot of mouths to feed, shucking corn is just downright painful, thanks to all of those silk strings that hide in the crevices of the kernel rows.
But thanks to America's favorite kitchen invention, the microwave, you can just nuke the annoyance right out of shucking corn. Note: the audio in the video below is no longer working, but you don't need it anyway. Just watch and learn, or scroll down below for another good video.
Just leave the corn in its husk, microwave on high for about four minutes.
Remove from your microwave and get ready to extract the corn cob.
As you can see in the video above, all you've got to do is cut the base off the husk.
Grab the top of the corn and shake the cob out. It should easily slide out—WITHOUT those annoying stringy silk threads.
Then you can just eat as is with a little butter or throw it on the grill for a few minutes to get that mouthwatering, smokey BBQ flavor. Now, just in case you missed all of that, let's watch another video for a more up-close and personal view.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades