Tons of freezers have built-in ice dispensers, but a lot of people never use them. But it turns out, all it takes to give it a new purpose is some duct tape, an X-Acto knife, and a piece of foam core.
Endo over on Foodinese wanted to do something different for his wife for Valentine's Day. He knew that she always kept her candy in the freezer, so rather than just buying her more, he decided to turn the ice maker into a candy dispenser.
The process is actually pretty simple. He removed and cleaned the ice tub from his freezer, then measured the width of the inside and the distance from the base to the drive shaft.
Next, he used an X-Acto knife to cut a piece of foam core to make a small ramp inside the tub, leaving a hole for the drive shaft. Finally, he slid the foam core into the tub and duct taped the ramp in place.
It's as simple as that. Just mix up candy that's small enough to fit through the dispenser and fill it up. Just make sure the ice maker is set to cube, not crush!
Check out the video to see more of the process and how it works.
If you want to try it yourself, head on over to Foodinese for the full tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades