We're big champions of exotic and surprising ingredients, but we'd be the first to admit that they're not necessarily for everyone, especially people with timid palates.
After all, Marmite (a yeast extract spread) is beloved by chefs for its umami-amping abilities, but its strong, pungent taste isn't for everyone. Durian, the so-called king of all fruits was once described by a friend of mine as tasting like a rotting shoe. And let's not forget fugu, which isn't exactly flavor-packed, but which is poisonous if it isn't prepared with exacting care.
However, we think we've found an exotic delicacy from Sweden that will suit just about everyone's taste. Check out the video below. We'll wait over here 'til you're done.
Oh... and by the way: Happy April Fool's Day!
(P.S. While surströmming is absolutely real, and one of Sweden's most notoriously smelly delicacies, it's definitely not for everyone.)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades