Chicken wings, pizza, beer, and chips are among the top five most popular Super Bowl foods, and we eat them in staggering quantities. According to the stats, Domino's and Pizza Hut sell over 25 million slices of pizza during the Super Bowl, and Americans snack on over 1 billion chicken wings, over 11 million pounds of potato chips, and drink over 49 million cases of beer.
Super Bowl Sunday means super appetites, and this dip combines all of the most popular game-day foods into one. This cheesy dip just might be the only Super Bowl recipe you actually need, as it combines the flavors and elements of buffalo wings, pizza, beer, and chips.
A note of warning: This is not a recipe for one or two people. This is a super hearty and tasty dip for a crowd. This cheesy bowl will feed at least ten people, and you can even make a larger amount in a slow cooker if you are hosting a lot of fans.
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup beer (light is better for a milder dip)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup pepperoni
- 1½ cups shredded cheese (recommended: any combination of mozzarella, cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheese)
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese, mixed in dip or sprinkled on top
- scallions, shaved for optional garnish
You can top with crumbled blue cheese, pepperoni strips, and shaved scallions like I did. For more of a pizza flavor, switch out the scallions and blue cheese with diced tomatoes and Parmesan.
- Celery sticks
- Breadsticks (garlic, Parmesan, or pizza-flavored)
- Sliced bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together except for scallions until well-combined.
- If you are using the blue cheese, mix it into the dip. If not, reserve for sprinkling on top.
- Pour into a large, shallow casserole dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese dip is roasted and bubbly.
Serve with any variety of chips, celery, other vegetables, breadsticks, crackers, or bread you like.