Every once in a while, we stumble across something food-related that makes us stop and do a double take. Frozen lemonade pie definitely takes the cake—or shall we say, pie—for a dessert that intrigued us upon discovery and totally lived up to its hype. Its filling uses only three ingredients and is one of the most refreshing and seasonally-appropriate desserts on our current roster of must-eats.
Although there's a whole slew of recipes out there for frozen lemonade pie, we adapted a particularly great one from those Food Network gods of Southern cooking, Patrick and Gina Neely.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 Tbsp. butter, melted
You can opt for a store-bought graham cracker crust for convenience, if you don't want to make it from scratch. If so, you can skip steps 1 and 2 below.
For the Filling:
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. of whipped cream (store-bought or homemade)
- 6 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, unthawed
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Combine your graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a medium-sized bowl and stir.
Place the mixture into a pie plate and press along the bottom and up the sides, depending upon the size of your pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool.
Mix your whipped cream with your sweetened condensed milk in a medium-sized bowl. Once the two are folded together, add your still-frozen lemonade concentrate and gently mix. You don't want the lemonade to melt too much and make your filling overly liquid.
Once the filling is all mixed, pour it into your cooled pie crust and freeze for 8 hours (or overnight).
We love the ease and simplicity of this full-flavored Southern dessert. It reminds us of traditional icebox cakes and of how refreshing a cold lemonade is on a hot summer day.
Have any favorite no-fuss desserts you like to make during the summertime? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades