I love to cook. There are few things more relaxing for me than spending an afternoon in the kitchen, and one ingredient that I throw into just about everything (seriously, everything) is garlic. It can instantly add a whole new level of flavor to a dish, and there's not much that it doesn't go with.
The only downside? Peeling it can take forever. It's such a universally hated task that there are tons of methods out there to do it quicker and easier. From smashing it with the side of a knife to shaking it between two bowls, people have come up with some pretty creative tricks. Oh, and there's also this:
Really? Is the packaging even worth it?
Before you go and spend five times the price for already-peeled cloves, try this tip from the folks over at CHOW—just throw the whole bulb in the microwave on high for about twenty seconds. When you take it out, the peel should come right off.
Don't have a microwave? No problem. Just blanch the cloves in boiling water for 20 to 40 seconds, then immediately throw them in some cold water to stop them from cooking and take off the skins.
Want more tips on peeling annoying fruits and vegetables? Check out this article to save yourself a few minutes next time you're slaving away in the kitchen.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades