- Don't Miss: 10 Paper Towel Hacks for Your Kitchen & Beyond
This tip is the very first thing I learned at culinary school, and it's five seconds that will make chopping a thousand times easier (that's a scientific calculation, of course).
Spray a small area of your countertop or prep surface with cleaning spray. Place two paper towels on top of the sprayed area and spray them (the towels), too. Put your cutting board on top of the paper towels and firmly press down. The damp paper towels act as a glue, completely stabilizing your board and allowing it to stand up to anything—from wayward cherry tomatoes to raw chicken.
Then, when you've finished chopping and are ready to clean down, remove the cutting board to reveal the sprayed paper towels. You're instantly ready to wipe down the surface!
If you prefer to keep the cleaning as a separate step, you can dampen your paper towels with tap water. It will have the same magical effect when you begin chopping!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades