Did you know that cookies are one of the most popular holiday desserts? Sugar cookies in particular are so easy to make and easy to decorate. They are the perfect treat for your office, friends, and family…or just yourself!
Keeping in mind that free time is a rare luxury right before the holidays, I am going to share with you an awesome cookie trick to get those cookies in and out of the oven with great efficiency. Being able to cut out three cookie shapes at the same time will be a real time saver in the kitchen, especially if you're bringing cookies to parties, potlucks, or bake sales.
I present to you the Magical Multi-Cookie Cutter! (Bonus: it's super-easy to make and you probably already have all the materials in your home.)
- Arrange your cookie cutters on a flat, clean work surface. Make sure that the sharp ends of the cutters are facing outward so they can cut the dough.
- Center the chopstick down the middle of your first cookie cutter.
- Take a long strip of tape (better to err on the side of having too much rather than too little; you can always trim the ends) and fasten it to one side of the cookie cutter. Stretch it across the centered chopstick and fasten it to the opposite side. Trim excess tape.
- Repeat on the two other cookie cutters.
- Now that your multi-cookie cutter is put together, roll out your dough.
- Press the cookie cutters into the dough with the stick-spine facing you.
- Place your cookies onto a non-stick tray and place in the oven. (Hint: if you're using homemade dough and want chewy cookies, be sure you do this.
- When the cookies are done, remove from oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes.
- Decorate your cookies as you wish.
(P.S. You can keep your cookies fresh for days with this handy hack.)
What's your favorite trick to save time during the holidays?