Don't like mincing garlic into tiny pieces with a knife? No matter how you mince garlic, it will never be as easy as this kitchen trick. You won't even need a knife—just a fork! It's a great hack for kids just learning how to cook or if you only need about one or two cloves for your recipe and feel like speeding things up a bit.
Press the clove with the tines of your fork, smashing the clove against your cutting board.
Scrape the garlic off of your fork and repeat the pressing in the other direction. (Pro tip: Coating your fork with nonstick spray will make this process much less sticky.)
Repeat until your garlic is minced to your liking!
And there you have it: minced garlic. You can also keep mashing the garlic until it forms a paste, should you feel so inclined. So easy, so quick, and a great way to release any tension or aggression you've encountered during the day... not to mention a safe way for you to introduce kids to prep work in the kitchen.
Happy garlic-ing! We're off to mash more cloves.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades