The most genius summertime snack hack that we've come across recently is, without a doubt, the campfire cone. Astounding in its simplicity and ease of preparation, yet brilliant in its execution, the campfire cone has something for everyone: parents and children, expert and novice campers, backyard barbecuers, and oven lovers alike.
Hold on to your sunhat, because Nick went so far as to exclaim, "It's better than an actual s'more!" We'll let you be the judge, but be forewarned: these tasty morsels can be impossible to stop munching once you've begun.
All campfire cones should begin with these basics:
- waffle ice cream cones
- chocolate bar pieces
From there, we encourage using your camping creativity. Any flavor combination you think would taste great together can be placed into the cone to go along with the melty goodness of the marshmallows and chocolate. Here are some examples:
Putting together the campfire cone could not be more straightforward. Simply place your ingredients inside the cone, then wrap it with foil. The fresh fruit can be added after the cone is heated—if you're not a fan of warm berries.
Once your ingredients are tucked nicely into your cone and your foil is secured around the perimeter of it, cook that cone! This can be done in a few different ways, depending on where you are:
- Over the campfire: Using tongs, carefully grasp the foil-wrapped cone and heat it over the fire for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the chocolate and marshmallow have melted.
- On the barbecue: Place the cones on the grates of a preheated barbecue for 6 to 9 minutes or until heated through and gooey.
- In the oven: Just put those babies right on the oven rack and bake at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes. If you're worried about the melty sweetness seeping out of your foil, just put a sheet pan or piece of foil on a lower rack to catch the drips.
And there it is, in all its gloriously gooey goodness: the campfire cone. It's a nifty riff on s'mores that can be made at home or in the woods.
Do you have a particularly cool way of making s'mores? A clever use for cones? Or do you just want to tell us how terrific this hack is? Hit us up in the comments!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades