100 grams salted crisps
100 millilitres beer
100 grams plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1-2 chicken breasts
Salt, to season
Pepper, to season
Oil for frying
Chips and sauces, to serve
- Pour the crisps into a ziplock bag and smash into pieces using a rolling pin.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat a pot of oil to 180°C/350°C
- Mix all the beer batter ingredients in a bowl until combined, careful not to overmix.
- Cut the chicken into strips and coat well in the batter, then the crisp coating.
- Deep-fry the chicken in 500 millilitres of oil.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to some paper towel to soak up some of the excess oil.
- Serve with chips, your favourite sauces and leftover beer.