The dispensers for aluminum foil and plastic wrap are among the most annoying-to-use kitchen items, but that's because the majority of people apparently don't know how to use them. On the ends of the boxes are two little tabs that make them so much easier to use, and believe it or not, they've always been there.
Most people who know about this "trick" assume it's common knowledge—especially since some brands even put instructions next to the tabs. All you have to do is push them in and they lock the roll in place so you can unroll and tear the wrap smoothly, without pulling the roll out of the box.
What about you? First hearing of end locks, or are they old news to you? Let us know in the comments.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades